Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bummer, blast and bloody blue murder!

I am fuming so furiously right now I should wrap a wet towel around my head to stop the steam from singeing me. 

If you've been here before, you may notice the new house I'm in or the new 'skin' I'm in in tech-talk.  I opted for the new look not because I particularly wanted a new look.  I was perfectly happy with the old look.  But, there was something strange going on.

The links in the header and the top end of the side bar didn't seem to work. Well, that in itself lacks strangeness but they were doing an 'on and off' thing.  You know?  Sometimes they'd work (I love watching the colors change when the pointer goes over them - I know, 'Get a life' you're thinking) and other times they wouldn't.

Actually, to be absolutely accurate, seeing as I'm taking the trouble to write about it, they would work for a few seconds and then they'd turn off.  Spooky or what?  (Did Google cast a spell on my blog when they confiscated it???)

Well, I hadn't the foggiest what the matter was and it was just driving me to distraction.  My tech-pal, G, was not available so I thought I'd take matters into my own hands.  Perhaps it was the template/skin that was faulty?  Ah, it's all coming to light now, isn't it?

Yep, so I searched through several hundreds of templates and decided I liked this one the most.  Downloaded it and then uploaded it to Blogger and waited nervously to see if everything was hunky dory.

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!! It was.  Until I noticed that all my precious, hard-earned, much appreciated comments had




DISAPPEARED



Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Someone please save me from myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails