Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Self-Interview and some Invitations

So my dear blog friend, Dieter of Confessions of a Wannabe Writer was just too kind and mentioned me as one of the 4 people he'd like to participate in this Self-Interview (which I think was started by another blogger).

Just being mentioned on his blog (which incidentally has over 140 followers - compare that to my paltry 19...sheesh...) was already a wonderful surprise for me.  But to be invited to do this self-interview was like a Christmas gift that wasn't thrown in with the rest but time-picked to arrive just now... :)  Thanks ever so much Dieter, you're a sweet, sweet friend )

I generally find interview questions about your favorite this and that painfully tedious and limiting...I mean, it would take me forever to give meaningful answers and most people don't appear to be too interested in *meaningful* answers.

I could be wrong of course, but it seems to be that *meaningful* answers don't compete too well with tiny, speck-sized, tweetified snap, crackle and pop word sprays that people can snatch glimpses of (rather than actually read) in-between their email, the latest celebrity gossip, text messages and updates on their ebay bids. 

But the questions in this  Self-Interview  interested me enough to want to take my time and answer them as meaningfully as I could.  And that, if nothing else, has served their purpose.  If you happen to enjoy reading my responses, that would be bonus.

But now that the easy part is done, I have the job of inviting 4 other bloggers to do the same Self-Interview.

Who shall I choose from my meager list of followers and even leaner list of commenters?  Not a lot of choice, I'm afraid as Dieter  has already done his and Will of Gay Arab Guy has already been 'tagged'.

But, I believe I can just make the number by asking the next most frequent commenters on my blog.  Folks, forgive me if this feels like I've no one else to choose.  In one sense, that's true.

But, it's also true that  what you've already shared interests me enough to care to know more about you.  So, if you please, do indulge me and the readers of this blog :)  Many thanks in advance.


Frank's Musings and Prose
Mark of Success
Freedom and Flourishing
Margs Animals

Frank, Mark, Winton and Marg, hope you enjoy doing this Self-Interview as much as I did!

And now, my responses :)
 
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?

I wonder if they would consider me a member of their family!  My 'pet' dog (my cat got run over last year) is one of my best mates.  We co-habit.  We have agreements and understandings and compromises.  I've learned that she deserves respect just like anyone else I know and over the years (5 now), we've really got to know each other more deeply.  Hmm...I guess that answers that question :)

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?

Hey, I've got so many dreams it's hard to pick just one for this survey.  But since I have to, I'll tell you one.  Just remember that it is one of many and it is one that I've chosen to mention in this moment in time.  Give me a couple more minutes and it could well be a different one.

I'd like to meet my blog friends in their own country, hang out with them in their favorite places, eat their favorite food and do some of the things that they'd do when I'm not around.

Dieter (and Will) watch out!!!! :)

3. What is the one thing most hated by you?

Oh no, do you really want me to tell you?  You'll probably be cheesed off as  most people don't seem to give it a second thought.  But...here it is:

Loose hair (especially wet hair), on the floor, on my clothes, on my skin and horrors of all horrors, in my food.  It's the sort of thing that I would throw up on and have done...Sorry, but it's almost like a phobia.

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

First, I'd pay off all my debts (to the friends who've kindly lent me money) and then give them at least $2000 more each.  I'd take them (and other good friends) on a cruise to some idyllic part of the world, perhaps Greece or Scotland or Finland.

I'd buy gifts for my children and family and friends.  I'd say: Get anything over $500 and go as high as you want to.

I'd book trips to various parts of the world for up to 3 years and spend time in each destination getting to know the locals and their lifestyle.

I'd get in contact with people in social and humanitarian organizations that I feel I can trust and seek their advice on how best I can help both in cash and kind.

I'd hire someone to help me promote my music and my writing so that I can influence people much more widely than I'm currently able to.

I'd buy homes in England, Europe (probably Italy but it might be Spain), America (probably California) and South America (where it's more cool than hot).  I'd spend time in these homes when I'm taking a break from my musical/spiritual tours and I'd encourage friends and people that I get to know in my humanitarian work to stay in them when I'm not there.

I'd fund people who truly wish to innovate our economic, housing and education systems and work directly with them.

I'd go to some of the big music festivals around the world and spend time work-shopping with some of my favorite musicians.

Well, these are some of the big ticket items... :)

5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?

Remembering what a waste of time and energy it is and remembering how easy it is to shift my attention to something desirable (like my ideal partner or what I'd do if I had a billion dollars.... and how much more pleasurable that would be :) )
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?

I don't know about being loved by someone but I do know about feeling loved and that is a wonderful, wonderful feeling.  Loving someone is equally wonderful.  That said, I feel I've still got a lot to learn about truly loving someone unconditionally, freely and for the sheer heck of it!
7. What is your bedtime routine?

Honestly?  Well, when I don't crash next to my laptop, I would change into my PJs, brush my teeth, wash my face (presuming I've already showered earlier), put some moisturizer on my face and my arms and body, drink a glass of water, finger comb my hair (actually I kinda massage my scalp), do a little bit of stretching and bending, take my clothes off (in summer) and get under the sheets. 

Then I lie down thinking about all the things that I'm grateful for in the day just gone and think of all the things I want for myself (if I haven't already fallen asleep).

8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?

Sadly, I am not in a relationship but if anyone has any ideas how I might get into one, do let me know :)
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?

Oh my goodness, haven't I thought of this often  - Jeff Beck, Chris Martin, Sean Penn, Pranav Mistry, Deepak Chopra, Seth Godin, people from TED,  Oberto Arraudi, the lady who has a blog about 'big women' and has the most gorgeous paintings of them (Looking at them, I sometimes think I wouldn't mind being big lol) and some of those amazing photographers and... children!!!!  Sorry, I should pick one. I'd go with kids.

10. What kinds of books do you read?

Right now, I'm reading a book, How To Get Lucky by Max  Gunther and Life After Death by Deepak Chopra.  Before that, I read King Arthur and the Bloody Cup by MK Hume and I'm frequently dipping into Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley, Manifest your Dreams by Abraham through Esther and Jerry Hicks, poetry by Rumi, Tagore and Walt Whitman.

11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?

 If this means what I think I'd be like in ten years time, I think I'd be very fulfilled,  very free, excited and exciting, devoting much more of my time to helping people in whatever way I can especially through my music, writing and raising spiritual awareness and altogether having the time of my life.

12. What’s your fear?

I have sooooooooooooo many - snakes, forgetting my keys when I leave my unit, being fined for not putting in my tax returns, doing my tax returns and any kind of paper work (it's more a loathing than a fear) , my laptop freezing, not having internet access and would you believe....dressing just too perfectly!  Sheesh!

13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?

 If that was the deal, I'd certainly give it a shot.  Then again, I'm not much of a junkie...the rare bag of crisps is about as bad as it gets. (I think!)

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?

 OMG is this a trick question????  Definitely single and rich with plenty of opportunity to be in a loving relationship :)  Marriage can be such a kill joy!

15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

Try to remember my dreams in detail if I've had one that I have some memory of.  Think how wonderful it is to have another day to have an adventure with and then go to my lap top and check my mail.  Actually, no, I think the first thing I do is check the time on my watch :)

16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?

Since I don't have one, I can't really answer that.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?

Something like Starwalker or Moondance or Moodflower or InSync or Freedom or Joy but probably in a nicer sounding language like French or Spanish or Italian or Sanskrit.

18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?

I'd do my darndest simply because holding on to anything horrible just hurts me.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?

Should I be wise or impulsive here?  Wise answer - ricotta cheese.  Impulsive answer - salt and vinegar chips (Isn't that weird given that I rarely do junk food???)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails